Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Clean Desk

Decluttering is addictive, I can tell you. This shortly before the turn of the year, I just don't want to take all these little messes into 2014. There will be still enough to take care of, so I took the chance of the little mess of the little Miss.


This desk was very unnerving every time I walked into Clara's room. It's been like this for a while and it is still school holidays, but honestly who wants to sit and work at such a desk? The problem for Clara was: where to start? From Magic Cleaning I learned this strategy:

Take everything off the desk -


and on the floor.

A big heap of pens, drawings, books, cards, wool, pearls, school stuff, horse paraphernalia, sea shells and all kind of knick-knacks a seven-year-old-girl amasses.


Clara: "I didn't know it was so much!"
(typical amazement according to Magic Cleaning)

And then declutter. Take every item into your hand and evaluate it. I did it together with Clara, what she liked, needed and wanted to keep. Some things went onto her bookshelves, but a lot of paper and bits and pieces went into the trash. 


What was left on the desk?


Mostly things for drawing and writing.


Free space, fresh ideas.